More on the The Fed and the Treasury merging. Powell said this was the case today (from his Q&A at 29 minutes 7 seconds): "These programs we are using, under the laws, we do these, as I mentioned in my remarks, with the consent of the Treasury Secretary and the fiscal backing from the congress through the Treasury. And we are doing it to provide credit to households, businesses, state and local governments. As we are directed by the Congress. We are using that fiscal backstop to absorb any losses we have. Our ability is limited by the law. We have to find unusual, and exigent circumstances and the Treasury Secretary has to agree, and we are using this fiscal backstop. There is really no limit on how much of that we can do other than meet the tests under the law as amended by Dodd-Frank."
Watch “WATCH: Fed Chair Jerome Powell discusses impact of COVID-19 on the US economy” on YouTube
More from UncategorizedMore posts in Uncategorized »
- President Trump with AF1 vs Bidon’s B-Movie Fake AF1
- 173 Hospitalized Flu Cases This Season VS 400,000 Last Season
- DS Attack: Putting United Airlines Flight 328 Into Perspective
- COVID-19 Pandemic – A Narrative Review of the Potential Roles of Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine
- Our Military Has Always Been Part of The Plan