More on the The Fed and the Treasury merging. Powell said this was the case today (from his Q&A at 29 minutes 7 seconds): "These programs we are using, under the laws, we do these, as I mentioned in my remarks, with the consent of the Treasury Secretary and the fiscal backing from the congress through the Treasury. And we are doing it to provide credit to households, businesses, state and local governments. As we are directed by the Congress. We are using that fiscal backstop to absorb any losses we have. Our ability is limited by the law. We have to find unusual, and exigent circumstances and the Treasury Secretary has to agree, and we are using this fiscal backstop. There is really no limit on how much of that we can do other than meet the tests under the law as amended by Dodd-Frank."
Watch “WATCH: Fed Chair Jerome Powell discusses impact of COVID-19 on the US economy” on YouTube
More from UncategorizedMore posts in Uncategorized »
- BREAKING: Hunter Biden Received Millions From Wife Of Ex-Moscow Mayor, Paid Suspects Allegedly Tied To Trafficking, Had Contacts With Individuals Linked To Chinese Military, Senate Report Alleges
- VIDEO: Kyle Rittenhouse Defense Team Releases 11 Minute Documentary They Claim Exonerates Teen
- ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris arrested on child pornography charges
- South Korean president calls for official end to Korean War ‘completely and for good’
- Iran’s Zarif says Tehran is ready for a full prisoner exchange with US