Today, House Judiciary Republicans released a new report, “FBI Whistleblowers: What Their Disclosures Indicate About the Politicization of the FBI And Justice Department,” detailing a rampant culture of unaccountability, manipulation, and abuse at the highest level. The thousand-page report builds on various whistleblower disclosures describing the FBI’s Washington hierarchy as “rotted at its core” with a “systemic culture of unaccountability.” The report also highlights how the FBI has weaponized the federal government against its political opponents, illustrates how FBI leadership shows a political bias against conservatives, and enumerates instances where senior officials have pressured agents to reclassify cases as domestic violent extremism to fit a political narrative.
This report is the first comprehensive accounting of the FBI’s problems to date, which undermine the FBI’s fundamental law-enforcement mission. The report primarily concerns FBI abuses, due to the experiences and roles of whistleblowers, but also examines the actions of the Justice Department where appropriate for context and explanation.
Key takeaways from the report include:
- The FBI leadership abusing its law-enforcement authority for political reasons.
- The FBI artificially inflating and manipulating domestic violent extremism statistics for political purposes.
- The FBI downplaying and reducing the spread of the serious allegations of wrongdoing leveled against Hunter Biden.
- The Justice Department and FBI using counterterrorism resources to target parents resisting a far-left educational curriculum.
- The FBI abusing its foreign surveillance authorities.
- The Justice Department and FBI conducting an unprecedented raid on a former president’s home.
- The FBI stalking a Republican Congressman on a family vacation to seize his personal cell phone.
- The Justice Department and the FBI continuing to allow attacks on pro-life facilities and churches to go unabated, while pushing an anti-life agenda.
- The FBI conducting an “intelligence” assessment of a conservative charity under the guise of investigating unrelated alleged crimes.
- The FBI purging employees who refuse to align themselves with the leadership’s political ideology.
- The FBI helping Big Tech to censor Americans’ political speech.
Read the full report here.